Welcome! We are the Western Colorado Equine Club! We are a community of (mostly retired) riders across the Western Slope looking for like-minded folks to enjoy the great horse riding trails across the state. We welcome riders of all ages and experience level from anywhere in Colorado! Because we can offer horses for our members, we have many members who live in Denver, Aurora and Colorado Springs who want to have an opportunity to ride the Western Slope without having to worry about tailoring their horse. Not to mention to feeding them!
Because of this, our membership fees are a big higher than other clubs.
We have quarterly meetings, and at least monthly rides for all riders. We have a total of 183 members as of January 1st, 2017. We have a variety of groups within the main club, including:
- Grandparents and grandchildren group ride
- First time riders (run by three equine coaches)- extra cost of $75 per ride
- Youth riding (for children 14 or under)
- Young adult riding (for young adults between 15 and 19 years old)
- The Hard Riders (those looking for more difficult trails)
Additionally, we publish an in print and online magazine. The information from the magazine is published online in form of blog posts- most often written by members.
We hope to see you on the trail soon!